Wednesday 29 July 2009

A Day in Kew Gardens

The Pagoda taken by Sei-Him Cheong

Last week, Cheong & I had gone to Kew Gardens in London.
Student price is £11, not cheap but a coupon given to get discount for the next visit.
The annual fee is quite cheap, it's about £35.

The 1st photo features the iconic building, The Pagoda.
To be honest, it's neither pretty nor special.
I thought the tower is opened for sightseeing but it's not, very disappointed.

Yellow Roses taken by Cheong.

Pink Roses taken by Sei-Him Cheong.

As Kew is celebrating 250th anniversary, different species of roses have planted.
I have never seen so many roses in my life before.
The roses are mainly white, pink & yellow.

In the green houses, there are plants that I'm familiar with because I've seen them in Malaysia.
Including banana trees & the national flower, hibiscus.
The national flower of Malaysia is in red instead of the pink shown in the photo.
But it reminds me the days in Malaysia.

Hibiscus taken by Sei-Him Cheong.

I have also seen Pitcher plants in Kew.
Although it's a typical plant in Malaysia, I had never seen this there, so I was quite surprised to see it here.

Pitcher plant taken by Sei-Him Cheong.

Although I'm not passionate in plants & gardening, I think it's worth visiting.
We didn't have enough time to walk around the whole garden.
We'd been to International Garden Photographer of the Year Exhibition.
My cousin, Voon Wah in Hong Kong is great at taking photographs of birds & wildlife.
I think he'll win if he submitted his works.
I'll definitely tell him to submit for the competition in 2010.

We leaved at 6.30 p.m.
There are many restaurants & cafe that are nicely decorated.
We had a dinner at Pizza Express before heading back to Basildon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails