Thursday 30 July 2009

Macau Sawdust Pudding

I have seen blogs & forums about this famous & chilled dessert originated from Macau.
I didn't see shops selling this dessert during my visit in Macau last year.
I wasn't so keen & passionate in cooking & baking, I think that's why I missed it.
Well, I got the recipe I noted a long time ago.
Finally digged it out & made it this week.
I couldn't find Marie biscuits in my nearby supermarket so I used rich tea biscuits instead.
It's a nice & light dessert, not too sweet.
The biscuit & cream layers make a wonderful combination.

Recipe:
160g rich tea biscuit crumbs
400g whipping cream
100g condensed milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence

Mix the biscuit crumbs with cocoa powder.
Whisk the whipping cream until soft stiff.
Fold in the condensed milk & vanilla essence, then continue beating until creamy & fluffy (80% stiff).
Put a layer of biscuit crumbs in your choice of cake pan (can be a bowl, glass, mousse ring etc.)
Spoon some creams on the crumb layer.
Repeat the last 2 steps until the pan is filled.
Chill in freezer for 2 hours to set.

This dessert is easy to make & has delicate taste.
I'll definitely make it again.
But don't know when though because I have a long waiting list for bakery.
Chinese almond cookies, tofu-fa, hazelnut chocolate sables, black sesame seed & tofu cheesecake, New York cheesecake, black tea cheesecake...
This will keep me busy during my holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails