Thursday 24 December 2009

Raspberry Chocolate Mousse Cake


Back home for Christmas!
When I got back here by train, I saw snow everywhere.
I though it'd be a white Christmas this year.
But it rained in these few days, so all the snow has gone... feel disappointed :(
To cheer up myself, I had a heavenly chocolaty mousse cake I made for this Christmas.
Perfect for a chocoholic like me!

Merry Christmas!!!

Recipe (6'' round/6 x 2'' round):
adapted from here
Chocolate cake:
2 eggs
50g plain flour
10g corn flour
40g sugar
50ml milk
50g dark chocolate (70%)
2 tbsp cocoa powder

Melt the chocolate with milk over simmering water.
Beat the egg with sugar until fluffy & white in colour, then fold in plain flour, cocoa powder & corn flour.
Fold in the chocolate batter & then pour in a mould with a sheet of parchment paper.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180'C for 15 min.
Cool the cake on a rack.
Cut out the cake base using a mousse ring.

N.B. I used 8'' round pan to bake the cake, this gave me 6 cake bases.

Chocolate mousse:
50g dark chocolate (70%)
60ml milk
30g sugar
110ml whipping cream
1 sheet of gelatin

Soften the gelatin in cold water for a few minutes, then squeeze out the excess water.
Melt the chocolate with milk over simmering water, add the gelatin & mix until it dissolves.
Whisk the whipping cream with sugar until firm, fold in the chocolate batter.

Decoration & Assembly:
Fresh raspberries
Fresh strawberries

Place the cake base inside the mould.
Arrange fresh raspberries on top of the cake base.
Pour the chocolate mousse on top of the raspberries in each mould.
Cool in the fridge to set.
Decorate with raspberries & strawberries or as you like & serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails