Sunday 23 May 2010

Old Journey, New Discoveries


To make the full use of my new GF1 camera, I've been exploring on how to take good photographs.
Certainly, the only way is to shoot & learn.
So, what I did last Friday was took the camera to to the college in the morning.
 After the college, I walked around & shoot on my way back home.
I enjoyed the little journey & observed from a new angle.


Dandelion in the breeze.
Violet flowers on the road.
A wooden door.
Wooden blocks on the side.

There are a lot of roses surrounding the flat I live.
I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't explore with my camera.
I took a few with me & baked a lovely scented tea cake.
I remembered I made a jar of strawberry jam & it was great with the cake.

Recipe:
Fresh Rose Tea Cake (8" x 12")
2 eggs
50g sugar
40g plain flour
16g sunflower oil
Petals of 2 fresh fragrant roses
1/2 tsp rosewater

Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Wash, dry & then slice the rose petals into smaller pieces.
Whisk the eggs with sugar until pale & fluffy.
Fold in the flour, sunflower oil & then the rose petals.
Bake at 180'C for 10-15 min.
Remove from oven & cool on a wire rack.

Strawberry Jam
600g fresh strawberries
200g sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice

Halve the strawberries, mix with half of the sugar & lemon juice, then refrigerate for 2 h.
Cook with the remaining sugar & lemon juice until it thickens.
Pour into a sterile jar while it's still hot.
Let it cool & keep refrigerate.

Assembling
Cut the cake into 2 pieces of equal size.
Put a layer of strawberry jam & top with another piece of cake.
Decorate with rose petals & serve.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely! I adore roses and strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fascinating to witness your creative process and the evolution of your craft over time. Your dedication to your art is truly commendable.
    can i use my walmart gift card for gas

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Your blog is like a virtual classroom, and I'm always eager to attend the next 'lesson.' The way you break down complex concepts and present them in a structured manner is incredibly helpful. It's clear you have a gift for teaching through your writing."
    does dicks do military discount

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Your blog is a source of inspiration for aspiring writers like myself. Your writing style, creativity, and ability to engage readers serve as a constant motivator. Thank you for being a guiding light in the world of blogging!"
    Stamptastic Discount Code

    ReplyDelete

  5. Your blog, "Old Journey, New Discoveries," is a captivating exploration of nostalgia and fresh perspectives. The way you weave through past experiences and unravel new insights is reminiscent of the excitement one feels when uncovering hidden discounts and savings through savvy shopping with ''UsePromos.'' A journey that seamlessly blends the old and the new! #UsePromos

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails