Thursday 7 October 2010

Chocolate & Cheese Marble Brownie



It had been raining for days in London, it's really demotivating.
I've officially started my PhD & I have problems getting myself to focus.
Hmmm, I think I need comforting food.
It's time to have some chocolate desserts,my favourite one is fondant au chocolate.
Brownie is great but I made these lovely brownies a while ago.
As you can see from the recipe, with the cream cheese, butter & chocolate, it's quite heavy.
To avoid eating it all by myself, I shared with my colleagues on my 1st day back to the college :P  




Also, I had a giveaway last week for a handmade perfume bottle charm.
The WINNER is Hanna from bouffe e bambini.
I hope she would like it :)
Although there weren't many entries, I was quite happy doing the giveaway.
I think I will have more giveaways in the future.


Recipe (6" square):
Chocolate brownie
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
100g unsalted butter
80g icing sugar
120g milk chocolate
60g plain flour
225g cream cheese
50g caster sugar


Preheat the oven to 180'C. Butter & line a 6" square tin.
In a large bowl, whisk cream cheese with sugar until smooth, then stir in 1/3 of eggs.
In another large bowl, whisk soften butter with icing sugar until fluffy.
Stir in 2/3 of eggs, melted chocolate & plain flour.
Pour 2/3 of the chocolate batter into the prepared tin, then add the cheese mixture.
Pour the remaining chocolate batter randomly, use a knife to create marbling.
Bake for 40-50 min.
Allow to cool on a rack, then cut into squares.

4 comments:

  1. Damn, this looks absolutely delicious!!! :)
    Greetings from Big Fat Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good. I like that it's scaled down to a smaller size instead of a full pan of brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM. These look so good and has UK conversions! Amazing, will definitly be trying it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails