Wednesday 26 October 2011

New York Cheesecake

If you read my blog regularly then you know I always bake cheesecakes.
I've been adventurous & tried to make various desserts & cakes in the past two months.
I've enjoyed baking & eating, also taking nice food photos.
I then left the cakes & food to my family & friends, my mum didn't like some of them unfortunately.
So, I decided to cheer her up with her all time favourite - a cheesecake!
This is a classic baked cheesecake but it's amazing!
Smooth & creamy yet tangy & refreshing.
You'll love it!

Recipe (6" round):
adapted from here (Chinese)
Crust
75 g caramelised biscuit crumbs
30 g Ameretti biscuit crumbs
25 g unsalted butter, melted

Mix the ingredients & bake in an oven at 150C for 15 min.
After cooling, press into a 6" springform pan.

Cheesecake Filling
200 g cream cheese
180 g sour cream
70 g sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 lemon, zest only & finely ground

Preheat oven to 170C & butter the pan.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Blend in sour cream, stir until smooth.
Sieve in cornstarch & mix well.
Sieve through the batter.
Add in the lemon zest, mix well.
Pour into the prepared pan & bake for 60 min at a lower shelf.

Topping
90 g sour cream
12 g sugar
1/2 lemon, juice

Mix all ingredients & set aside for use.

Assembling
Remove the cheesecake from oven & let it cool down until the centre sinks.
Spread the topping on top of the cheesecake.
Return to the oven & bake at 150C for 10 min.
Remove from the oven, let it cool in the pan.
Refrigerate overnight before serving.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely - I always look forward to your cheesecake posts and this is no less lovely than the rest. A slightly dumb question though - how do I get caramelized biscuit crumbs? Do I crumb them and fry them around in sugar, or otherwise? >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine,
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Sorry not to clarify the crust part. We stock Lotus caramelised cookies (http://www.lotusbakeries.com/) instead of digestive biscuits at home... You can use digestive biscuits instead, remember to roast it with butter slightly before pressing into the pan, this will instead the flavour.
    I hope you enjoy browsing the blog and get to try the recipes I've shared here :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm! nice and classic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, as usually. I really like the elegant simplicity of your photos of this classic dessert. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails